Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Encouragement for sick boys...and mama too

A package arrived today from a very dear friend of mine. I guess I really should say that she's a friend to all of us though - the boys love her as much as I do. And how could they not, when she sends a get-well basket like this one?!



She is so sweet, isn't she?

The boys helped me open it. Simon kept saying, "Wow! Wow!....oh, wow!" It was pretty cute. I didn't take a picture of him, because he is still quite sick...and looks it. Poor boy, he is not quite his usual, happy self today.

Ethan seems to be on the mend though, and he is looking forward to soccer practice tonight. The first time he's left the house in over a week!


Along with the basket of yummy goodies, was a sweet, uplifting note. Kelly is always good about writing notes of encouragement to me, and I love that about her! Thanks, dearie! We love you!

"Now we exhort you, brethren, warn those who are unruly, comfort the fainthearted, uphold the weak, be patient with all." 1 Thessalonians 5:14

6 comments:

bandanachick said...

As soon as I saw the beginning of this post I thought, "I bet that was Kelly"!
What a thoughtful thing for her to do! She IS so sweet.

Kelly said...

I'm so glad you got it!! I've been really wanting spring to be here and when I read your post the other day my heart went out to you...so, I wanted to remind you of the hope that spring is around the corner and remind you that in spite of all the illnesses, we serve a God who has done marvelous works for us!

thanks for sharing the pictures! I wish I were there to give you all big "get well" hugs!!

MagenRanae said...

What fun! I love snail mail. I can totally see why that would be so encouraging. :)

Eryn said...

i am sorry you all have been so sick! i have forgotten to blog read lately and so i just caught up. it is enough to discourage anyone. but your attitude encourages me. reminds me to have the right attitude with whatever God gives us. and most of all, the mercy He shows us everyday is definitely something to be uplifted about.

Robin said...

What a sweet thing to do ~ encourage each other in the Lord!

Anonymous said...

This is a topic which is near to my heart... Many thanks!
Where are your contact details though?

Feel free to surf to my website: this site is useful