Friday, October 05, 2007

Where to Find Coupons


I had this question from a reader today:

I am just now getting started with couponing and I have one simple question: where oh where do you get all your coupons??????

I am prepping for my first coupon shopping trip at the beginning of November so I could use your wisdom.
-Stacey


Honestly, I just subscribe to the paper, Stacey. This seems to supply PLENTY of coupons for me. One trick I have learned is to get a bigger city's paper, instead of the town that I live in. From what I have heard, larger towns with more grocery competition are supplied with more coupons from manufacturers, and this was definitely true in my case. I bought both for a week or two and compared. So after that, I cancelled my home town paper subscription, got online and subscribed to a Sunday only subscription from the bigger city.

The other thing I do is keep my eye out for good printable coupons online. If I see a promotion going on somewhere, I'll often just do a google search for, say, "Robitussin printable coupon," to see what I can find.

And finally, I have been known from time to time to search our local newspaper recycling bin for coupon inserts that people throw away. There are almost always free coupons to be had. Most of the time though, the coupons I get from one Sunday paper are enough for me to keep up with!

My friend Crystal recently posted about accumulating coupons, so you might want to check out her article.

And if you're interested in how to organize coupons, this is what works for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ack! That's me!!! Cool. Thank you for answering my question. I did read the other post you mentioned. And today, I went out and bought the Sunday paper. I clipped coupons for an hour when I got home with hubby watching football by my side and telling me how cute I was. He was also very thankful for the paper because he LOVES to read the paper - especially Sundays!!

So, thanks again for your advice!

Rachel said...

Yeah! Good job...I hope it works out for you. I think its great that you could hang out with your husband while clipping coupons. Makes the time feel better spent, don't you think?

jenica said...

We make a stop after church to Kum&Go for a gas fill + a free Sunday paper. There might be other stations that do that, too.

I have also gotten an extra set of coupons, if I happen to be there, at our library. They don't mind giving them away.