Today I am thinking about this that Hope wrote, and thinking about all I have to be thankful for. This is really such a good exercise, because honestly, there is so much! The Lord has given me much more than I deserve or need.
I'm thankful for...
- the ability to wake up at 7 am and be wide awake for the day (a special thing that happens to me during my 3rd trimester, haha...but of course I'm about to die by 6 pm).
- a wonderful, encouraging MOPS meeting this morning - good friends, yummy breakfast food, and such convicting, inspiring thoughts from our mentor moms (and a few pops) about raising kids, discipline, and marriage. I am so thankful for those who have gone before me - and especially those who are willing to share their wisdom (even when it is intimidating). We appreciate it so much!
- lunch in the park with sweet friends - best little buds for my boys to play with, a mom for me to chat with, watching the whole gang of them climb all over the stone animals in Gage Park, the simple pleasures in life.
- tired-out boys who don't give me trouble at naptime. A trip to the park is always worth it!
- sweet, little boy laughter - I look out my bedroom window to spy them giggling together in the backyard, dressed in various superhero dress-up, saving the world, one stick at a time. :)
- 80 degree weather in March, so I don't in the least bit mind sitting in the driveway to watch you shoot baskets, Ethan, no I don't...
- watching brothers give high fives as they make imaginary skilled plays, showing off their basketball prowess.
Have I mentioned that I love these little boys so much? The Lord has blessed me much more than I deserve, and my heart is thankful.
And there are a lot more blessings in my life too...I'm just a little distracted by all the cuteness going on right now. :)