Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Theology over lunch

Today at lunch Ethan asked, "Can God hold us in His hand?"

"Yes," we replied, wondering where his question was coming from.

"Well, how can He, when He has this big hole in his hand, with all that blood coming out?"

and then he proceeded to tell Dave that there is only one God, but we call Him different things, like God, Jesus, and Nimjack (I think he was thinking of the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego, but anyway, starting to grasp the concept of the Trinity! :)

Our theology lesson continued until Simon, desperate to reclaim some attention for himself, began blowing kisses from the end of the table. As if to say, "Don't forget about me! I can't wow you with my Bible knowledge, but I'm still pretty cute!"

And he is.

4 comments:

Kim & Dave said...

How cute!!

They never cease to amaze me!



(BTW....My blog issue is fixed).

Reagan said...

Hey, I helped teach Shadrach Meshack and Abednego in Sunday School :) It's crazy, how much small children retain....A lot of kids are totally underestimated by their parents!

rallywhit said...

That is so cool!

I won't be surprised when he's debating Trinitarian doctrine with mormons next week!

Jessie said...

So sweet, I love having those kinds of conversations.