Thursday, December 06, 2007

First Snow of 2007

We woke up this morning to the beginnings of a wonderful light snow, the first we've had this year. Simon, who probably doesn't remember snow, since he's just now almost 2, gasped when I raised the blinds for the boys to look out.

"Oh, oh!" he kept saying, pointing and giggling. It was so fun to see the beginnings of winter through his eyes.


I don't know how many times Ethan asked if I would take him outside to build a snowman, but I kept reminding him to hang on until lunch time, when his dad would be home. (I am still sick, after all, and there is no way I'm going outside.) And of course Dave couldn't resist his two wonder-eyed blonds, begging for coats and mittens and snowball fights.

So they bundled up and headed outside.








Doesn't that last picture make you cold, just looking at it?

But then again, I just realized that the draft I am feeling is coming from... THE CRACKED OPEN WINDOW IN MY LIVING ROOM! I am betting I know who did that. :)

In other news, Dave and I are flying to Tucson tomorrow with his company for end of the year business meetings. We'll be gone 4 days, and they are putting us up in a beautiful resort. What a life! Our friends from Tucson warned us that a winter storm will be heading through this weekend (which means rain and cooler temps), but it still sounds fabulous.

And the boys get some grandparent time. That is, if my last post hasn't scared them off. :)

12 comments:

MagenRanae said...

Man! Are you on top of things or what! Posting pictures from this afternoon already?! I'm envious!

Tracy said...

Too precious! We got snow today, too. Doesn't it get ya in the Christmas Spirit?!

Blessings. :)

Eryn said...

have fun in tucson! we are just now getting the snow, my kids are loving it too!
i totally relate to that last post, many times has that happened over here, mostly with chocolate, not cheerios.

bandanachick said...

Such cute pictures Rachel!
We actually have no snow on the ground, believe it or not. Those pictures actually make me miss it! :)
Hope you are feeling better today and have a great time in Tucson!

HopiQ said...

Your two snow-boys are so cute!

Kelly said...

Such cute pictures! Isn't the snow absolutely beautiful? I love it! Have a great time in Tucson!

Rachel said...

Eryn,
I know it could be so much worse. Cheerios are nothing. :) And actually today we had an explosive diaper on the couch, so yeah, that was way worse...but no one's fault, and it was way easier to be patient.

Kim & Dave said...

Wow!!

Looks like you have gotten more snow than us in CO!!

By the way, I have put a link to your blog on mine...:-)

Rachel said...

Thanks, Kim! I need to add you to my mine (it's been awhile...hopefully I can remember how).

Jessie said...

I hope you come back refreshed and feeling better Rachel. See you Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,
I love the pictures of the boys in the snow! Reminds me of when my boys were small like that. The wonder never fades. In fact, they become even more creative! We've had minimal snow and a lot of ice this last week and the boys asked if it was okay to play on the deck because it was getting dark. When I checked on them they were launching themselves full body onto the deck sliding from one end to the other! I opened the door laughing and told them they should probably just run and try to slide on their feet instead of throwing their whole bodies down. Needless to say they were drenched when they came in and had used a good amount of their "stored up energy," as Joel puts it! Boys, you gotta love em! :o)

Rachel said...

Hi, Rory! Fun to see you on here. :)