Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Holiday weekend fun

The evening of the 4th we went out to the farm for some BBQ and fireworks. My kids have no idea how lucky they are - I never even lit a sparkler until I was an adult. :)

DSC_0538

Bruce and Penny's house is up for sale {they want to move into town}, so this may be last 4th we celebrate on their back porch. A tad sentimental, for sure. The Everhart farm is a treasure.


DSC_0550-1

So is this man I married 9 years ago. {Almost} 4 kids later, I really can't imagine life without him. He is so loving, and gentle, and steady. I had no idea what an amazing husband and father he would be when we said our vows that hot day in July.

DSC_0539

The two of us got away for a night t0 celebrate, while my parents watched the kids. So sweet of them. Not sure who enjoyed it more - us or the kids - because they really don't see enough of Grandma and Grandpa Renes. So it was a very special treat.

Dave took me shopping and out to an amazing seafood place, and we pretended we were young and not expecting our fourth and stayed up late and just had a great time together.

{In truth, I feel more like a beached whale than a newlywed, and its so hot that I find myself complaining altogether too much...but Dave is very tolerant of his very pregnant wife ;) }

We stayed at a beautiful hotel, slept until our eyes popped open, and then had a late breakfast. Just a perfect little getaway.

DSC_0547


DSC_0540

And then we came back to Kansas for the Everhart festivities. Always sure to be fun, and slightly dangerous. ;)

DSC_0542

Yikes.

DSC_0565

This view is for sale, by the way. :) They get the best sunsets out at the farm.

DSC_0579

Clare's first sparkler was pretty exciting. I honestly don't believe a 2 year old is old enough to hold a burning stick, but her daddy apparently does. ;)

DSC_0569

DSC_0576

One last view of the sunset. So beautiful.

DSC_0580

No comments: