Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Nesting

Sonja got me motivated to break out my sewing machine this week, and it was just the push I needed to get started on my list. You know, my list of things to do before the baby comes.... yeah, it's a long one. :) It feels so good to have made some headway on some projects so far this week!

We got a coat of paint on the baby room walls last night - it's Ralph Lauren's Verona Pink from their vintage masters collection. And today I sprayed a coat of white on the crib and guest bed headboard. Remarkable how dirty and dinged up a crib can get between children!

My end of the sewing projects are almost done (a lady on etsy.com is making most of the bedding and Sonja is making a quilt out of the same fabrics). Here's my stack of burp clothes and some throw pillows for the guest bed to match the crib bedding. So fun!







Ruth, I made you some burp clothes too! I'll try to get them in the mail this week.




Of course, all of this is going on amidst leaking washer valves, huge plumber bills, basement carpet pad removal (just a little bit, thankfully!), the NCAA tournament games, a weekend away with my hubby, and just about a zillion other things.

Life is moving fast right now!

5 comments:

Eryn said...

yikes! i dont know how you keep up with it all.
i really wish i could sew. it all looks so cute. cant wait to see the finished project.

jenica said...

Ahhh, looks and sound sooo sweet. What an exciting time! Praying for you.

bandanachick said...

I really like those pillows you made! Super cute!
Yipee on getting some burp cloths, I can't wait. I sent you the newborn clothes yesterday, so you should get them in about a week.
I can't wait to see the quilt Sonja is making, you'll have to share some pictures.

Anonymous said...

Wow Rachel! I can't believe you got all that sewn so quickly...and all the painting, too. Never underestimate the nesting urge. :) The pillows are beautiful. I'm really loving all the fabrics you chose. Get some rest if you can. Sonja

~ Rory ~ said...

Hi Rachel! Everything looks great! I can't wait to see the bedding and the quilt Sonja is making. I love the PINK!!! NO PINK in my house, so it just makes me enjoy it so much more with others. I actually kept all the bedding I made for Joel which I used for Jacob too, so it's fun to get it out and use it again. The quilt had seen better days, so my sewing machine has been out and I took it all apart and am now putting it back together. Trying to get some burp cloths done too. It's really nicebto have some homeade things and I'm so happy for you that you get to use all the girl colors this time! Have fun!!!