Saturday, April 25, 2009

Friday night fun run

Dave and the boys participated in a fun run last night that our favorite, local running store hosted. It was held on the grounds of the Kansas History Museum, so the kids got to run through the woods on trails. And it was gorgeous spring weather - made for a wonderful night!

Ethan was signed up for the 1/4 mile race, and Simon was determined to run too...so Dave ran with them.

I was so proud of my boys!




Medals for all finishers!









Ethan had so much fun that he decided to run in the half mile race too. From what I heard, he and Cam were pretty competitive - she really wanted to beat him, but his legs are like twice as long as hers. So you know how hard she had to work to stay this close to him!



















Simon insisted on running the half mile race too! (This event was supposed to be for kindergartners through 6th grade...not 3 year olds!)




He finished though!




And of course Ethan had to run the mile race too - no hesitation! Here he comes!




Finishing strong!




It looked like a blast, and I was wishing I could have been out there with them. A month ago, I would have been, but my feet are starting to swell and even walking is pretty painful right now. So pathetic.

Come, baby, come!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pics of Simon made me laugh. He has so much drive doesn't he. Someday maybe he will beat his brother - but probably not for a while. Ethan won't let that happen. :) Mom

Heather Anne Riden said...

YAY!! I am soo excited for your boys. That is awesome, Rachel! So good to see how the Lord brings different things into our lives to shine for Him. : )

marti said...

That was fun! The boys are really growing. Just wanted you to know I'm praying for you as you approach your due date.

I'm also looking forward to being in Topeka this year for VBS. Yea!!

Together We Save said...

Looks like a great time was had by all.