We spent the first few minutes at the Sesame Street Bay of Play where all the kiddie rides were.
Then it was on to a Shamu show.
They had several areas where you could touch and pet sea life. The sting rays were our favorites, but I didn't get any pictures of that.
The Sea Lion show was our favorite. The boys were laughing out loud - it was hysterical!
Journey to Atlantis - a pretty decent roller coaster. Ethan decided he wanted to go, and Dave convinced me to go with him. He assured me that he didn't need to go to the bathroom when we got in line, but like 1o minutes later, he was having trouble. :) He had to hold it for almost an hour.
At this point, E had no idea what he was getting himself into.
He told me later that he was sure that the ride had broken and we were falling and going to die! Isn't that awful???
All wet! (But notice he's smiling. All is well. :)
Things to remember about Sea World, San Diego:
- Ethan loved the Wild Artic ride - he was pretty convinced that he actually traveled to Antarctica and back, what with the real, live polar bears and all.
- It was Dave's 30th birthday that day, and Ethan kept asking when we were going to make him a cake. :)
- We rented a stroller when we got there, which turned out to be a good thing. Simon took an hour long nap in it mid-afternoon while Dave and Ethan rode the bigger rides.
- Favorite drink - frosted lemonade - yum!
- Favorite snack - the ones we brought in our backpack. Seriously, do they have to charge $4 for everything???
- The lines for the rides are so much shorter by 4 pm. We got 2 day passes online for cheaper than at the entrance, so we may go back again later this week.