Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Fevers

Little update here. The boys are sick again, yes, again. Ethan woke up at 3 am last night with 103 fever, and of course that ended up with him puking. He always pukes when his temperature spikes, even when he was a tiny baby. That kid has the weakest stomach.

Thankfully he's old enough now to tell us when he needs to throw up, and he almost always makes it to the bathroom in time. Last night was a good night. Afterwards (and some Ibuprofen later) we made a little bed on our floor with his sleeping bag, and we all slept until 9 am. Even Dave. Oops!

Si is sick now too, and while I'm tempted to be a little down about yet another round of illness, I have to admit, it made for a nice day of cuddling on the couch. We read several books, and the boys watched way too many movies. Oh well, summer is coming, right?

So we spent another day at home, despite the fact that we have a crew here demo'ing our hall bath all this week. My plan was to be gone during all of this, you know, run errands and go to the park and the zoo, that kind of stuff, but oh well. The Lord knew that this was coming, and we are resting in Him.

On an encouraging note though, this afternoon a sweet lady from church called to ask if she could bring dessert for tomorrow night's Bible study. She didn't have any clue that I had sick kids, but she just felt like offering to do it. It was such a sweet reminder to me that the Lord always meets my every need, even the little things. Isn't He good?!

7 comments:

Kari said...

Poor boys. Hope that they start feeling better soon. I'm praying that Spring/Summer comes soon. We are actually having snow here today, ahhhh.

Reagan said...

Well it's gloomy outside today anyways, good day to stay home and cuddle!

Shawna said...

I understand completely. I love the Lords little reminders of His love, faithfulness and care for us, even in times like these.

At the beginning of this week, when I realized we were in for another round, I read this.....it was so encouraging to me.

But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. Hebrews 11:6

The faith for desperate days. The bible is full of such days. Its record is made up of them, its songs are inspired by them, its prophecy is concerned with them, and its revelation is come through them.

The desperate days are the stepping stones in the path of light. They seem to have been God's opportunity, and mans school of wisdom.

Desperation is better than despair. Faith did not make our desperate days. Its work is to sustain and solve them. The only alternative to desperate faith is despair, but faith holds on and prevails.

There is no more heroic example of desperate faith than that of three hebrew children. The situation was desperate, but they answered bravely, "our god whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning, fiery furnace; and He will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. BUT IF NOT, let it be known, unto thee O king, that we will not serve any other gods, nor worship the golden image which thou has set up." I like that, "but if not!"

"When obstacles and trials seem
like prison walls to be,
I do the little I can do
And leave the rest to Thee.

And when there seems no chance, no change,
From grief can set me free,
Hope finds its strength in helplessness,
And calmly waits for Thee."

-taken from streams in the desert

I just loved it all! Of course my desperation is not near some of the stories in the bible, but I can identify. My God IS able and He is so good and kind.

Praying for you today, dear friend.

Kelly said...

I'm so sorry to hear that the boys are sick again! This has been such a tough winter of sickness for so many! I'm praying for you today, enjoy those moments of cuddling!

bandanachick said...

I am so sorry the boys are sick again! You have had it so tough this winter, I was hoping that you were through the sicknesses.
We are praying for you guys...enjoy the cuddling and movie times. :)

Michelle said...

Having sick kids (especially when it seems to last ALL WINTER LONG) is no fun. I feel for you.

About the throwing up part, I don't know if this is something you'd be interested in or not, but at our house we have a throw up bucket. It's used only for that purpose and I keep it close to the children's beds. That way they don't have to try to make it into the bathroom.

I am convinced that every family has winters like this. But they also have years that aren't. Things will get better.

Anonymous said...

Hope everyone starts to feel better real soon.