Sunday, November 12, 2006

Dining Room Redo

Remember when I found that table and chairs at a garage sale up the street? It was back in August. Well, Dave has been working on them for awhile now, and the transformation is complete!

Tada..........
This is one of the captain's arm chairs. We covered the seats with foam and microfiber fabric.


Views from the living room.


Cost breakdown:
Solid wood table, leaf, six chairs.............. $50
Black satin paint........................................ $29
Polyurathane............................................. $20
Foam........................................................... $12
Fabric.......................................................... $8
Paint sprayer............................................. borrowed from family

Total cost for dining room set: $119 (and lots and lots of hours of hard work on Dave's part :)

4 comments:

Brooke said...

i really like the way the table turned out! so, does dave think it was worth the cost savings with all the work he had to put into it? :0)

jenica said...

I was looking the other day at World Market. For an 84" table, 2 end chairs, and 2 benches that are solid wood you'd pay about $1000.

I'd say you got a pretty good deal!

Eryn said...

love it! i'll get pics up of my kitchen some time soon.

Rachel said...

I think that Dave definitely thinks it was worth it. However, he is a really hard worker and just REFUSES to pay for something that he can do himself. I sometimes wish this weren't the case, but really we are blessed because of his diligence. He has learned how to do all sorts of household repairs and done countless projects for me. I am the idea person, and he carries it out! Well, I do help, but he probably does most of it. I'm so thankful for him!