Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sick little boys

So the whole "finish your chicken" thing came back to bite me, I think. The night after I posted about Ethan not liking the chicken that I served, he was up all night puking. He was running a high fever too, which probably brought on the tummy troubles. Pretty common for him. He has a very weak stomach, as those of us who have ridden in the car with him know. :)

Both of the boys still have fevers, 3 days later.

Anyway, I just thought it was ironic that Ethan threw up his chicken, when that is exactly what I did to my parents when I was little. I can just hear my mom saying, "I told you so!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missed you guys this mornin. Sorry the boys are sick - no fun! I thought of the chicken thing too when Barb told me that E was up that night :) I think even though he did eat the chicken that it probably had no effect on the starving children in Africa. lol - Lynn

Ruth said...

I am sorry the boys are sick! I hope they get better in time to go on your big trip to CO. Your stories sure do bring back lots of memories of our childhood...oh the days.

Carl and Tisara said...

Tobias is sick today also. I was so glad to see that he was eating so well - he was stuffing himself with Garbonzo beans, spinach, rice and turkey... Well, last night he threw up twice and he is running a temp. This is the first time he has gotten sick :( So, we're certainly praying for your little Ethan today!

Anonymous said...

Like me and spaghetti. I was force fed it when I was 5 because my parents were sick of me not eating it. I threw it up and never had to eat it again. I tried it a few weeks ago (over 20 years later) and I think I like it. After avoiding it for so long I don't know what the big deal was. I gotta go force feed Isaac his breakfast, gotta go...